One of the best cheats available in The Sims 4 is none other than the Sims 4 CAS cheat.
which allows you to fully edit virtually every single sim in the game. This cheat is great as it lets you tweak any sim you come across.
This can range from the random ugly guy walking around with the randomised clothes to just wanting to age jump your sim out of (or back in) childhood or young adulthood.
Simply put, when you know how this cheat works, it quite literally becomes a game-changer.
This Post Is All About Sims 4 CAS Cheat
What Is Sims 4 CAS Full Edit Mode & How Does It Work?
Short for “Create-A-Sim”, the Sims 4 CAS Cheat works exactly as the name implies; you’re able to go directly into the edit sim section for virtually all sims in the game, whether they’re directly connected to your character or not. Not only that, but this cheat allows you to edit them much further and more extensively than you normally would have been able to. Essentially, you’re given ALL of the same editing options as you would for a brand new sim that is just been made.
Sims 4 CAS Cheats FAQ
Full-Edit Mode Vs. Standard Edit Mode
As mentioned before, it’s more than just the standard “tweaking” that standard CAS edits offer. Instead, this feature ultimately lets you completely change everything about the selected sim. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING.
Rather than just editing small items like hairstyle, makeup, and clothing, Full Edit mode lets you edit their walking style, their different personality traits, their relationship with other sims, as well as even their age. Oh, and not only can you also change their clothes and hair, but you can go even further and modify their body structure, skin tone, and eye color.
How To Activate Sims 4 CAS Cheat Full Edit Mode
The process is fairly easy once you know what you’re doing. Below, we’ll do a full breakdown of exactly what to do if you want to activate this cheat. This will include PC, Mac, and gaming consoles.
- First, before we can do anything, you’ve got to make sure you have the option to access cheats properly enabled
- To enable cheats on your device, you’ll need to perform the following commands based on the device you’re using:
- PC/MAC: CTRL + SHIFT + C
- PS4 or PS5: hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2
- XBOX:LT + RT + LB + RB
- Once you’ve done this, you should immediately see a dialogue box open up at the top of the screen.
- Then type in testingcheats on and hit enter
- Now, after enabling cheats, it’s time to input the CAS cheat on your device.
- Open up the cheat command box again. This is the same box you opened earlier to enable cheats.
- Then, you’ll need to type in “cas.fulleditmode” before pressing the enter key.
- After you’ve activated the full edit CAS cheat, follow the above prompts for your device to close the screen.
Now that you know how to turn on the feature, we’ll now go over the process of using the cheat in-game.
How To Use Sims 4 CAS Cheat In-Game
Below, we’re going to go over how you can edit and tweak, not only any sim in the game, but also virtually any item as well.
Edit A Sim
To alter a sim in the game (whether they’re your sim or a random sim walking around) you’ll need to hold onto the “SHIFT” button before clicking on them.
For console players, you’ll need to move your cursor over the sim in question and press both O & X (for PlayStation) or A & B (for Xbox) before choosing the “Modify In CAS” option.
This will open up the “create-a-sim” menu and grant you a plethora of different features.
As mentioned earlier, this will let you play with just about every aspect of the sim. Here’s a list of just a few of the different features available:
- Standard Appearance (Clothing, Hair, Makeup, etc.)
- Advanced Appearance (Face Structure, Skin Tone, Eye Color, Body Type, etc.)
- Personality & Emotions
- Age & Life Stage
- Walk Style
- Traits & Aspirations
- Relationship Status & Connection With Other Sims
- and much more
How to unlock everything in CAS?
The easiest way to do this is:
- Ensure ‘cas.fulleditmode on’ cheat in on, then go in to CAS and go into the gallery.
- Once in the gallery you then need to search CAS unlock and newest (This will insure that all the latest items are unlocked).
- Then add the Sim to your household and all the CAS locked items will be available to use on any sim.
- You can now remove the random sim and continue editing your household with full access to all the unlocked items.
Turning Off CAS Full Edit Mode
To turn off CAS full edit, you’ll want to open up the cheat box from before. Remember that, for consoles, this is all of the back triggers while for PC and Mac, you must hold the CTRL + SHIFT, and C keys all at once.
Once you’ve opened up the cheat box, type in “cas.fulleditmode off” and enter. This will turn off the cheat
Resolving Any Issues
Though the process is fairly straightforward, that doesn’t mean a complete beginner may not be confused from time to time. Luckily, even if you run into an issue or a problem that prevents the CAS cheat from working, there is likely a way to remedy the issue. Keep reading to see if you’ve run into any of these issues when trying to set everything up.
- Unable To Open The Cheat Box: Remember that you need to press all the command buttons as mention above at the same time.
- Cheats Aren’t Enabled: You also want to make sure that the spelling is correct when typing in “testingcheats true“. Failure to correctly type this in (not adding the space between cheats or misspelling any of the words) will ultimately cause it not to work.
- CAS Edit Option Doesn’t Appear: If you’re trying to edit a character, and the advanced CAS edit option doesn’t show, there can be several reasons for this. For example, you may want to make sure everything is properly spelled. If, however, you’ve correctly spelled everything, the issue may be as simple as not holding down the SHIFT button on console equivalent when clicking on a sim.
Sims 4 CAS Mods
There isn’t any specific mod with a one click feature built in that allows you to easily edit all aspects of your sims.
But if you do have the cas.fulleditmode on cheat enabled and you have the mc command center installed. You can click on a sim, click mc command center, and then click modify and household.
If you don’t have the cas.fulleditmode on the modify household will just take you to the regular CAS.
Here is a video explaining some of the Mc command Center features in more detail:
If you have any other questions let me know in the comments below
This Post Was All About The Sims 4 CAS Cheat
Other Posts You May Like: